To our Wild for a Smile families and patients,
Thank you for being wonderful patients and thank you for your understanding as our office is navigating through the many changes during this difficult time. Good news! With the lifting of the "Stay At Home" order, we are able to re-open our office on May 1st, 2020. The COVID-19 pandemic has changed many things for all of us, and it will also affect the way we deliver care to our patients.
In order to keep everyone safe and healthy, we are going to continue to ask that if you or your child(ren) feel sick, that you please contact the office to reschedule your appointment. If you currently have an appointment scheduled, when our office calls to confirm your appointment, we will be asking a series of screening questions, such as:
• Has the patient or any of their family members had a fever?
• Do you have a dry cough?
• Have you been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19?
• Have you been tested for COVID-19 and are waiting for results?
• Have you traveled outside of the United States in the past 14 days?
• Are you currently sick today?
These questions will help us ensure the safety of your children, other patients and our staff.
New recommendations given to our office from the Colorado Dental Association as well as the Governor include the following changes in order to comply with current social distancing guidelines:
1. When you arrive at our office for your appointment, PLEASE WAIT IN YOUR CAR and call the office to let us know you have arrived to check in for your appointment.
2. After you have been instructed to come into the office before your child's appointment, we will take you and your child's temperature and if they are old enough, have them swish with hydrogen peroxide prior to their cleaning or treatment. If your child has a temperature you will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
3. In order to protect the staff and all our patients, the staff will be dressed differently. We will have masks/glasses and face shields, so we will look a little different.
4. We are asking parents to maintain the current recommendations for social distancing. Please wear a mask into the office for your appointment.
We have always had an open door policy, and we enjoy having parents back. However, we are going to ask that if possible please allow your children to come back to their appointment by themselves. We will have limited seating in our waiting room, and we will be maintaining recommended social distancing.
If you had an appointment scheduled in the past 6 weeks, our office will be calling you to reschedule. If you would like to make an appointment, the staff will be in the office starting April 27, 2020. Please call the office at 970-506-1339 and we can get you into the schedule.
Lastly, we ask for your patience as we work through this. Everything has changed. We will be following recommendations from the CDC, OSHA, and the State Government in regards to how we run our office. We will be updating our offices policies as more information becomes available. We look forward to safely and compassionately caring for your children. Thank you for being awesome patients at Wild for A Smile!
Dr. Matt and Staff